A review of the list of the best foods to lower uric acid and fight gout, an inflammatory and very painful disease linked to diet.
The drop, the name is popularly known to hyperuricemia or excess uric acid in the blood, it is one of those diseases that in most cases are related to diet. It is suffered when uric acid is not eliminated correctly through the urine and remains in the bloodstream, forming crystals in the joints that cause inflammation and a lot of pain.
For a long time, it has been considered a disease of kings or of the rich, because in ancient times it was kings and popes who most often suffered from it. This was so, not by chance, but because its appearance is related to the excessive consumption of foods such as seafood or red meat that only members of the higher classes such as the nobility or the clergy could afford.
What are the best foods to lower uric acid and prevent it from rising?
Before going into details about which are the best foods to lower uric acid, it is interesting to also remember which are the ones that people who suffer from this ailment should avoid, even when it is not manifesting to prevent it from rising.
Foods to avoid to control uric acid
They should stop consuming foods rich in purines:
· Seafood, both fresh and canned.
· Blue fish, such as salmon, tuna, or sardines.
· Red meats such as veal, pork, beef or lamb.
· Organ meats such as liver, heart or kidneys.
· Fatty sausages such as chorizo or sausages.
· Legumes should not be abused, whether fresh such as peas or dried such as chickpeas, lentils, etc.
· Within vegetables, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, leeks and tomatoes should be avoided.
· Alcoholic beverages, industrial pastries and dehydrated foods such as soups should also be limited to the maximum.
· Fatty and highly cured cheeses.
Foods to Lower Uric Acid: The Best Fruits
Among fruits, those that should be included in a diet to lower uric acid are:
· The strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and red berries in general.
· The apples.
· The cherries.
· Citrus fruits such as orange, lemon, grapefruit, lime or mandarin.
Foods to lower uric acid: The vegetables that help the most
· The artichokes are one of the star foods to lower uric acid. It is even beneficial to drink the broth from their cooking as an infusion.
· Celery, both the vegetable itself and the broth resulting from cooking.
Foods to lower uric acid: The meats and fish that can be eaten
· Rooster (meiga, rapante).
· Fresh cod.
In general, white meat and fish with little fat.
Foods to lower uric acid: Dairy products
· Skimmed milk, soy milk, as this is a legume, should be avoided.
· Low-fat yogurts that do not contain cream.
· Non-fat cheeses.
Other foods to lower uric acid
· Cereals such as rice, wheat and products made from them (pasta, breads, cookies) can be consumed, preferably if they are whole.
· Dried fruits raw or roasted, but they should not be eaten fried.
· Olive and seed oils like sunflower or corn, but not soy. Other fats such as lard, butter or cream should not be used.
· It is important to drink water in sufficient quantity to promote the elimination of uric acid through the urine.
Fat surrounding the liver and other organs in the abdomen is known as visceral fat. Gaining belly fat is the biggest concern among all populations. Larger waistlines not only look unappealing but also cause health concerns such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. It can also affect the blood vessels and quality of the sleep.